For its unique content availability, YouTube is one of the most popular websites. Naturally with this, it is also pretty popular among kids as well. To compensate the same, in the year 2015 YouTube introduced YouTube kids. Since all videos cannot be reviewed and inappropriate content can be available, the platform has been soaring controversies.
Well, before we move ahead let’s know what the fuss is all about. Generally, the YouTube kids rely on AI intelligence and show educational, creative and cartoon videos for kids up to the age of 13years. But it has been reported many times showcasing advertisements of junk food, content based on violence, sexual influence and hazardous tutorials of suicide.
However, putting accusation aside we understand checking all videos is not possible. So, as a parent, the YouTube kids lets you manually decide what should be your child’s viewing suggestions.
So, whether you are a new user or have been using it, the tips mentioned here will help you to create the right experience for everyone.
Create unique profiles for your kids
Not all kids are the same and they like different things. Thus, the parental control feature helps you to create separate profiles for each kid in the household. This technique caters separate viewing experience for multiple kids. Well, these profiles can be accessed only when the parent has signed in. Also, only 8 eight profiles can be created from one account. Here's how you can do it:
- Create your Google account or sign in if you already have.
- Install the YouTube kids application and create your child’s profile.
- Once done, go on to follow the prompts and agree to the T&C of the app.
- Select the content experience of your child from different available age group or your manually approved content.
Note: The application is available only for android 4.1 and above.
Guide & Control What Your Kids Can Watch
Do you want complete control of what your kids are watching? The parental control setting is accessible from the lock icon in the application. Using this option, you can block content, apply settings for approved content only, control content according to age and even switch off searching option.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the app and go to the lock icon.
- Enter your passcode to enter the settings.
- Tap on the setting options you wish to activate.
- Once done reviewing all setting options, click on done to save the settings.